Green Card (Permanent Residence)

There are various ways in which a person may obtain lawful permanent residence (a green card) in the United States. The most common method is through family-based or employment-based immigrant visa petitions. However, there are other ways, such as through asylum, cancellation of removal, or VAWA battered spouse self-petitions:

An individual can get permanent residence either through adjustment of status if already in the United States or through consular processing if living abroad. Our attorneys will evaluate your individual circumstances and immigration history to determine which path for obtaining permanent residence is right for you.

We also assist clients with obtaining re-Entry permits to help protect their U.S. permanent resident status if they plan on living abroad for more than 6 months. Additionally, we help clients who have pending adjustment of status applications with obtaining employment authorization and advance parole documents.