Bilingual Legal Assistant
We are seeking to hire a Bilingual Legal Assistant. You would provide client-related assistance to immigration attorneys by preparing immigration petitions and applications, providing Spanish language translation and interpretation as necessary, managing the client database, undertaking legal research relating to asylum claims, helping draft motions and pleadings to be filed in court, and managing a diverse case load of various immigration matters.
This is a fast-paced environment with a high case load.
Ideal candidate will be resourceful, with strong communication and multi-tasking skills, compassion for helping others, strong work ethic, and able to handle tight deadlines.
- BA degree is required;
- Spanish fluency is required with excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Spanish;
- Working knowledge of computers and MS Office software and Adobe is needed;
- Preferably at least 1 year of work experience in the immigration field or in law firm environment;
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and personalities.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com