Many individuals obtain green cards (become permanent residents) through family members. This can be done via marriage-based immigration, other family-based immigration, or through several adoption processes. Our firm is dedicated to helping families reunite by navigating each client’s case through the immigration process with diligence, compassion and efficiency.

Marriage-Based Immigration

One of the most common methods by which individuals can obtain green cards is through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. However, this is how one of the most common forms of immigration fraud is committed, resulting in a high threshold for proving that a marriage is real, as well as a permanent bar from any future immigration benefits if an immigration official finds that the marriage was a “sham” solely for immigration purposes.

Our attorneys will prepare a well-documented marriage-based petition and/or application and will personally prepare you and your spouse for the immigration interview to obtain positive results in your case.

  •  K-1 Visa for the fiancé or fiancée of a U.S. citizen.
  •  K-3/K-4 Visa for the spouse and children of a U.S. citizen.
  •  Removal of conditions form for permanent residence (Form I-751).
  •  I-130 immigrant visa petition.
  •  I-485 adjustment of status.
  •  Consular processing for an immigrant visa.

Other Family-Based Immigration

Besides being married to a U.S. citizen, a person may be eligible to obtain a green card if he or she is a child, parent or sibling of a U.S. citizen or green card holder. Each family-based category has its own waiting period. Depending on the family category and process utilized (adjustment of status or consular processing), a person may have to wait less than a year or as much as ten years to obtain permanent residence through family.

Our firm can advise you which category of family-based visa applies to you, and if more than one applies, which one will allow you to reach your goal of becoming a permanent resident faster.

  •  Unmarried child (under the age of 21) of a U.S. citizen.
  •  Parent of a U.S. citizen (over 21 years old).
  •  Unmarried son or daughter (over the age of 21) of a U.S. citizen.
  •  Married child of a U.S. citizen.
  •  Brother or sister of a U.S. citizen.
  •  Spouse of a green card holder.
  •  Unmarried child of a green card holder.